Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Inflation.

Cue my Netflix rant in 3....2.......1...

THIS IS BULLSHIT. It really is. I loved netflix. I adored it. If it was a person, I actually might have married it. I was gonna name one of my kids middle names Netflix.

Way to ruin it, ya jerks.

$9.99. A glorious price. A fantastic price for all of us struggling to even make the extra buck. After an 8 hour shift at work, do you know what I love to do? Come home, have a little glass of red, and find a movie OR tv show to watch on my beloved netflix. It was just fantastic. For 10 dollars a month. I could (almost) stream anything I wanted at any time I wanted, and it was WONDERFUL. Did I mention I loved it? Oh yeah, and just one more benefit. No big deal or anything, but Netflix ALSO would let you rent out 1 DVD at a time of your choice, and send it back whenever the F you'd like to. Cue the harp, cue the angels, cue heaven. Cause that's what it was.

ALL.FOR.10.DOLLARS.A.MONTH.

Then, one day Netflix decided to go batshit crazy and ruin everyone's lives by raising the prices to a ridiculously steep 15.98 a month to do THE EXACT SAME THING I WAS JUST DOING AND PAYING 10 DOLLARS FOR.

Cool. I don't get it. It was a great deal, probably the best in the entire world, and you go RUIN it. Now, everytime I type in Netflix on my computer, or browse through it at home on my Wii, I'm bitter. Sure, I'm still keeping my plan for now...till I go broke. But I'm bitter when I watch Intervention now. I'm bitter when I watch Sleeping with the Enemy. I'm bitter when I watch Mad Men. (which isn't actually that great of a show, or does it get better after 2 episodes?Cause I'm bored.). I'm just bitter, because I know I'm not getting these fantastic movies and shows for a STEAL of 10 bones. Nope, now Netflix is just like everything else. Pricey, and just BARELY worth it.

You know what Netflix used to be? A sneaky little secret. Like everyone knew about it obviously, and the price of 10 dollars was SO amazing, that it felt like it was a little secret that we all shared together. Like when you passed a note in class, instead of saying "Do you like me? Yes? No? Maybe?" It would say "Guess what? Netflix is only 10 dollars a month". And you, and the person who you passed the note to would share a little grin. Cause it's just too awesome.

Now, Netflix is the equivalent to an expensive stepchild that I keep around because I feel obligated, and because I love it, even though it really, really irritates me and constantly makes me wonder whether or not to give it up for adoption.

ugh. End rant.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment